MNOP Ltd - Consulting
We don't spend much WWW space describing or promoting consulting activities. Generally we
have found that by:
- Only offering what we know how to do;
- Billing clients for value received, not purely hours;
- Treating each client's problem as if it were our own.
we end up with all the business we can handle. We perform consulting services primarily in the
- - Software Development in a variety of languages including Progress and C under PC-Dos,
- Turnkey custom applications;
- Modification of standard Progress application systems such as qad's MFGPRO;
- Specialized interfaces between systems, such as:
- Weight scale inputs
- Barcode label printer outputs
- RF terminal interfaces
- - Management consulting in the areas of
- Requirements Analysis,
- Product Evaluation,
- Product Design,
- Project Planning,
- Development Methodologies,
- Software Tracking, Documentation, and Configuration Management;
- - Installation, Configuration, Interfacing, and Maintenance of Unix and AIX systems and
- Complete system management. (we handle several)
- Complete hardware systems, providing we are close enough to support it.
- Performance analysis and tuning, including hardware upgrades.
- Troubleshooting and support.
- Progress and application installation. (We are a Progress VAR)
- Email systems, including access to Internet.
- WWW Pages and servers, including Email forms.
- TCP/IP to LAN interfacing.
We have Computer Science degrees and over 30 years combined experience in software
development of financial, office automation, and system software on micros, minis, and
mainframes. Also nine years of technical management and project leadership.
We work in our own offices most of the time, except when we need to be onsite. As such, we
have always turned down the "I need someone for 6 months in Cleveland" requests. This means
someone is usually always around for things that pop up, like:
- How come I can't log in?
- My printer won't print how come?
- I really meant to delete the .lk file, but deleted the .bi instead, was that a bad thing?
- We just posted 300 invoices with a date of 01/04/99, can you fix it?
- It is running really slow now, what is going on?